There are a lot of misconceptions about the best season to sell your property.There are many factors that the buyer considers before buying the property.
- You have found or have a real estate agent who is trustworthy, there is every possibility that you can successfully sell your property.
- If your house is decluttered and well decorated, it attracts the potential buyers to consider buying them.
- If you are thinking of what price to sell the property, you need to think a lot about it.
The time and the year that you choose to market there is a difference between good and the poor asking price. DC Fawcett suggests the best season to crack the deal in real estate.
Best season to make deal in real estate
You need to take the buyers availability into account and what frame of mind they are in during the time or the year when you are selling, keeping the competition in your mind. The best time and the year to sell your property is very much controversial. Here are the guidelines which will help you to sell your property and how the seasons affect the market.
This season can be chaotic for the families as children would be having the holidays during that time. In the case of planned holidays, there can be limited time or resources for the family to purchase the real estate property. If at all you want to sell the property in summer, you need to ensure it in the market before it dies.
Ideally, this is the best season to sell your property and create the first impression for yourself which is called as the best impression. The advantage of this season is it does not have any major holidays which distract the buyers. Though the real activity takes place in this season, t is always advisable to crack the deal at the earliest as the time fleets very fast.
Winter – This is the toughest season to sell the property as the days are short and nights are dark. Furthermore, when the Christmas is nearing, many buyers will be in a festive mood due to which, their plan to purchase the property takes the back seat.
This is one of the best seasons to sell your property as the days will be longer and warmth comes in their garden. This is the time; the buyers will be in search of purchasing the property.
Season changes from time to time as it is a natural phase. Before entering the market, you need to look at the local area. More than anything else, it is important to choose the time which works the best for you to sell the products. If a buyer is interested in buying your property, you need to wrap up the sale before they change their mind. If you are planning to sell your house, you need to focus on its look and feel so the buyers will get attracted.
You cannot completely depend on the seasons to sell your property. No matter whatever time or year you want to dispose of the property, the buyer should be readily available.
Home inspection – Review by Dc Fawcett
Home inspection is an important step in the home buying process. Through home inspection must be done for performance analysis and identification of defects. Dc Fawcett , a real estate writer and talker gives instructions on how to inspect a home.
Select the home inspector with great care
Buyers must select the home inspector after a meticulous examination.
- Should not go by recommendations.
- They should not just select whomever they find.
- Base their findings on the following queries:-
- How long have they been active in active in home inspecting?
- Do they have required Qualification?
- Elaborate your track record
It’s better to hire a licensed inspector who can do a fine inspection.
What to inspect?
Home inspectors inspect a lot. Some of them are
Proper functioning of the furnace, water heater, water cooler, chimney and fireplace
Appliances must be examined for their working condition. Some of these include refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, microwave, washer and dryer.
The walls, roofs, ceilings, window panes etc of the garage must be scrutinized. The electrical equipment must be up to date and the garage door must be in perfect condition.
Grounds must be scanned for leakages from septic tanks and proper drainage.
There is much more to be done and home inspectors do so.
However home inspectors don’t examine pest control, swimming baths, paint coatings and poisonous casts.
Failure to take part in the inspection:
Most buyers miss out on the inspection. It’s not just enough to see the inspection report only. Buyers have to be there to comprehend the home. Some inspectors stay back after the inspection to clarify doubts. They give you tips on repairs and home staging. Inspectors who don’t like to take buyers along with them are not fine.
Sellers must do the inspection before the buyers :
Sellers must get the home pre inspected. If they allow buyers to scrutinize before them, they won’t have time to do the repairs and thus fail to market a fine home. By doing pre sales inspection, they can control repair and home staging costs.
Give access to the inspector:
Don’t lock the garage or the basement. If it is locked, give the keys to the inspector. Often home owners feel inspectors to be intrusive. However, they have to provide the access as it is his job. From the seller’s side, he should take care to make the cupboards an empty nest. On the inspector’s arrival, he can just introduce himself, give a few hints, provide the keys and leave the place.
Disclosure documents :
Documents by sellers reveal what they have repaired. Buyers should ask the inspector to inspect repairs and also clear doubts with him. Disclosure statements are different for various states and jurisdictions. The buyer can request the inspector to give special attention to certain things that he requires.
These home inspection suggestions are very crucial. Home inspection must be done with great care as homes are the most vital purchase of our lives. Buyers have to do a master home inspection in order to get a hot real estate housing property.
The real estate market is sometimes characterized by unstable behavior. There is an increased demand for real estate properties in the face of limited supply. Prices often soar to high levels at this time. Speculators enter the market, further driving the demand. This state is called a real estate bubble. At one point of time, supply increases and demand decreases. The prices then come down automatically and the bubble deflates. A real estate bubble is not good for buyers as it results in losses. Buyers end up paying more for a property than it’s worth and end up selling for less. So buyers have to learn how to sense a bubble. Here are 5 signs of one as reviewed by DC Fawcett.
- Interest rates When interest rates are lowered, the demand for properties increases. This results in a bubble. Buyers have to look out for a reduction in interest rates. When the interest rates rise even by 1%, the demand comes down and the bubble bursts.
- There is lots of leverage When you take a long-term financing loan, you are actually leveraging your money. The more you pay down cash, the less you are leveraging your money. When the demand for houses increase and the prices soar, there will be more leveraging of money. This increased leverage may be a sign of a bubble as generally in the United States, 45% of transactions are made by paying down cash.
- Prices of houses soar faster than salaries When home prices escalate faster than incomes, then there can be a fizz in the local market. Investors must watch out for this sign. They can consult real estate agents regarding this. Some real estate agents calculate the average income level and employment level and compare it with the price rise for instability.
- Reduction in foreign demand Reduction in foreign demand slows down the international market. Due to decrease in foreign demand, international market prices will soar and this can be a bubble.
- Risky loans
When risky loans are lent, it may be a sign of a bubble. When the market prices soar, more loans are borrowed. An increase in subprime loans and loans with bad credit can be seen during times of bubble.
It’s difficult to identify bubbles. It does not mean that there is a bubble just because there is a price appreciation. A bubble is said to have occurred when there is a price appreciation without the support of factors that drive the value of real estate property. For example: San Fransisco, California is not in a bubble just because prices are high. However these 5 signs towards identifying a bubble have to be watched out for.