Before getting into the concept of the snowball method in real estate, let us have a look at the snowball momentum. Symbolically, a snowball effect is a course of action that starts from an early state of undersized significance, but builds upon itself, turning out to be larger, graver, and more severe.DC Fawcett Real Estate
As you roll a small snowball down the snowy mountain it increases in both size and speed, likewise, the same thing can be achieved with your money in real estate investing. As with real estate, buy, hold, and accumulate the cash flow and it is the key to increase your money (in both size and speed).
For all successful real estate investors, the snowball method has been the key. Allowing anyone to obtain more real estate investment properties, there are two ways you can employ it. The cash flow can either be used to purchase more real estate investment properties right away or can be used to pay off the mortgages. Now let us have a detailed view on these two.
A. The cash flow can be used to purchase more real estate investment properties:
• The key to this very first strategy of the Snowball Method in Real Estate is to use the cash flow you make from your rental properties to pay for more rentals.
• As you hoard more rental properties, the cash flow would constantly keep scaling up making the time to save up for another real estate property in a shorter while, your money will start getting bigger and gain more speed, hence the snowball effect.
• The cash flow depends on the number and type of the property you have and based on this, cash flow generation will differ. Having said that, the key here is to hoard your cash flow and not use it.
• Use it only to save up for another investment, well, this may take a lot of time and determination coupled with other sources of income. However, it is just about certain that if you do put aside the cash flow, it’ll be increasing with time, making way for future investments.
B. The cash flow can be used to pay off the mortgages:
• The second available option is to use the cash flow to pay off one property at a time. This is a profitable method if you are buying properties that are under market value.The chances of making more cash flow is high when you have paid for a mortgage completely and when you have accumulated multiple properties, you’ll be able to pay off one mortgage a year, then two, and gradually it goes on.
• For some, this works well, seeing that the banks limit the amount of loans you can have. The main intention of this theorem is that you will have fewer mortgages in your name.
• More than that, you are said to have an advantage with banks because you are able to pay off all the credits promptly and the best part is that you can pay off before the interest rates goes up. In the initial stage, it is good that you put in other sources of income in this to finish it off within a limited period of time. Preferably, you’d want to make use of all the cash flow to pay off the rental properties.
• This will help you in the long run and you will be able to make money. Even though it might take a long time compared to the first option, this tactic is all about you having one mortgage at a time to be concerned about.
Now that you are aware of the method, you should evaluate your asset and know how it will work for your benefit in real estate investing. Hope you found this article about snowball real estate method useful.
If you wanted to invest in real estate but perplexed on making decisions, take the guidance of DC Fawcett, a real estate connoisseur who has mastered the art of wholesaling, rehabbing, and cash flow investing in virtual markets.
Assisting people throughout the course of their real estate journey, he will help you become skilled at investing concepts and guide you how to grow through his proprietary Virtual Real Estate investing systems.
DC Fawcett, the founder of the Virtual Real Estate Investing Club, is an experienced person in the real estate field. He has been into the process of rehabbing houses, wholesales etc.